Book Your Reservation
- Pick your desired wedding weekend
- Sign and return your Bar SZ Ranch contract
- Pay a non-refundable wedding deposit of $2,250
Let your guests know where they are going
- Many businesses use the word 'ranch' liberally, please let your guests know they are going to a real working ranch.
- GPS doesn't tend to work out in the country, our written directions are much more reliable.
- Give your guests specific instructions regarding where to go upon arrival, including where to park.
- Heels are discouraged around the property; boots, flats or wedges work well.
- Bar SZ Ranch website: www.BarSZranch.com
- All general info regarding their stay, including directions: www.BarSZranch.com/ranch-info
- Waiver (for all guests participating in activities): www.BarSZranch.com/waiver
- Ranch maps: House Map and Ranch Map
- Parking: All three entrances will have signs directing your guests, this Parking Map should help.
Additional Nights OR early arrival OR late departure
Please let us know as soon as possible if you'd like to add additional days and/or nights to your reservation. We will block the calendar and add the charges to your invoice. Our standard rates apply when adding a house rental or the full ranch, see our Visit Us page for pricing. IMPORTANT NOTE: Check-in is now 3pm and check-out is 11am, you are welcome to keep the original hours if you wish, just let us know. Otherwise this is assumed to be the new default.
Horseback riding and shooting must be scheduled in advance...
- you need to decide when activities will be available (2hr blocks, not before 9am)
- once you let Rebekah know she will create a google doc for sign-up (10 guests per activity per session)
- each guest who signs up also needs to fill-out a waiver (provided on google doc)
- all payments are to be made onsite, cash only (unless you have chosen the Stallion package OR you want to use a credit card at the end of the weekend to pay for all activities)
The activity schedule will be posted at Doc's Bar on Friday night, if there are still openings your guests may sign-up in the moment, new time slots will not be added the weekend of.
If we are providing meals (Saturday breakfast and/or Sunday breakfast) your guests will need to sign up on the same google doc we use for activities. All meals must be paid for in advance, whether one person is purchasing for the whole group or each guest is paying individually. Contact Rebekah if you are interested.
We have created Vendor Info sheets for caterers, photographers, and DJs. You are responsible for passing along these documents, everyone will benefit from improved communication.
Caterers - PDF
Photographers - PDF
Bands/DJs - PDF
Big picture organization
- Oak knoll (generator available, limited load)
- The grove (generator available, limited load)
- Covered riding arena, 80' x 100', cafe lights upon request (power)
- Horse barn, 20' x 70', cafe lights (power)
- Doc's bar, cafe lights (power)
- Doc's bar deck, 24' x 24', chandelier (power)
- The slab, 40' x 100', cafe lights (power)
- Lawn venue, 140' x 145', under cafe lights 90' x 100', we don't allow inflatables or portable dance floors on the lawn, trailers are allowed but must be limited (power)
Art House - Room #1 king with full bath, Room #2* king, Room #3* six twins, landline: 831.389.4367
Ranch House - Room #1 king with full bath, Room #2* king, Room #3* six twins, landline: 831.389.4661
Cabin - Room #1* queen, Room #2* queen, Room #3 five twins with pullout twin and full bath, landline: 831.389.4377
Doc's Quarters #1* - queen bed, two twins (bunk beds), barn restroom and shower house
Doc's Quarters #2* - queen bed, two twins (bunk beds), barn restroom and shower house
Shower House - The outdoor showers by the barn have hot water and privacy but no electricity
*Bedrooms with a shared bath
Activities and Meals (Due ASAP, No Later Than 30 Days Prior)
All activities need to be scheduled in advance with waivers completed. All meals need to be scheduled and paid for in advance. See Step #3 for further information.
Optional Extras Price Sheet - (Due 30 Days Prior To The Event)
Let us know as soon as possible what 'extras' you'd like for your event. Be sure that all details are added to the Communication Tool. Optional Extras
Communication Tool - (Due 30 Days Prior To The Event)
We strongly recommend you hire a wedding planner, but at the very least we require a day-of planner. A google doc will be sent to you, all requested information is required.
Event Insurance (due 30 days prior to the event)
Event insurance must be purchased through Event Helper and include: a waiver of subrogation, name us as an additional insured, host liquor, and cover all three days you are onsite. Instructions
Certificates of Insurance (due 30 days prior to the event)
We need a COI for EACH vendor who will be working on the property, and we MUST be named as an additional insured on the certificate. Please do not hire any vendors who aren't properly insured. Exclusions include: hair/makeup artists, photographers, and vidoegraphers. If a vendor is just dropping off then we don't need a COI, but if they are dropping off AND setting up then we will need a COI.
Second Payment (due 30 days prior to the event)
Once everything from Step #5 has been submitted we will review all of your documents, follow-up with questions, and email you an invoice for payment.
Final Payment (Due at Checkout)
Before you leave the ranch we will tally up all of your weekend-of expenses and run a credit card for payment. This only includes purchases covered by the bride and groom, all guests need to pay cash as they go.
Email all of the above information to Rebekah@BarSZranch.com.
Please ask that your friends and family refer to our website first, direct their questions to you second, and email Rebekah last. Any friends and/or family who call the ranch and leave a message will not get their calls returned. We do not permit anyone to drop-by or pop-in unannounced, all visits must be scheduled through Rebekah with adequate notice.
A division of Responsibilities
The Bar SZ Venue
- We will manage, deliver, and setup everything that you purchase off of the Extras price sheet. Farm tables and benches will be delivered to the area you request, you are responsible for the configuration. Hay bales are provided at the oak knoll in a predetermined configuration. If you would like hay bales to be delivered anywhere else we need to receive a drawn-out configuration with dimensions. Hay bales will not be moved once placed.
- We will point deliveries in the right direction, you are responsible for setting up all materials being dropped off. You are also responsible for stacking and organizing all items prior to pickup.
- We will collect cash payments from your guests for activities, and prepayment for meals through our website, all other expenses will be added to your invoice.
- We do not manage, coordinate, or direct any part of your wedding aside from what you order from the Extras list.
- In order for us to effectively do our part you must be well organized and clearly communicate the intentions of your weekend.
The Bride and Groom
- You are responsible for everything else. ;)
2/14/17 - Shelter Co. has a new Sami Tipi which can seat up to 60 guests.
2/24/17 - The Communication section has been expanded, please read!
2/24/17 - A deadline for activities and meals has been added under Step #5.
3/9/17 - The fridge/freezer in the back pantry of the Ranch House has been removed, in it's place we now have an 18 cu/ft fridge (no freezer) which will fit large and awkward items such as a wedding cake (20" deep, 25" wide, 55" tall).
3/14/17 - We can now seat 150 guests with our farm tables, 15 tables have benches while 4 have chairs and seat up to 32 guests. If farm tables are included in your contract then you will get the whole set, otherwise you may rent up to 19 sets.
3/14/17 - We now have 32 mahogany red folding chairs with padded seats, $2/each per location. Although they are included with the farm tables they may be used at the ceremony site or other locations.
3/15/17 - A twin bunk bed has been added to Doc's Quarters, between the two stalls we can now sleep 8 guests. Each stall has one queen bed and one twin bunk bed. We can now sleep a total of 38 guests in beds.
3/23/17 - The Parking Map under Step #2 has been updated.
4/4/17 - The Optional Extras price sheet has been updated under Step #5.
5/14/17 - Please note that when renting our PA system it does not come with a technician, we will set up the equipment but you must put someone in charge of running it.
5/14/17 - We now have enough white plastic tables and chairs to seat up to 64 guests, chairs may also be rented individually (8 sets, each one seats 4 on either side).
5/27/17 - New information added at the bottom of the FAQs.
5/27/17 - Vendor info sheets under Step #2 have been updated, it is your responsibility to pass them along.
Extras: Although we provide a list of Optional Extras some of these items may be included in your package.
Arrival: Check-in is Friday at 3pm and check-out is Sunday at 11am unless you arrange otherwise.
Potties: We require 1-2 potties per 50 guests regardless of the type of toilet you order. If you choose flushable toilets and under book your potties you will run out of flushes and your guests will have nowhere to go to the bathroom. If you don't order enough potties we have the right to order more and add the cost to your weekend tab. For long weekends you can have them pumped, but we don't recommend this in the middle of your big celebration. Each stall has a limited number of uses before it will fill up and be out of order, be sure to ask about total flushes for each potty. Outside guests are not welcome to use the restrooms inside the houses.
Barn Toilet: The toilet located at the barn will be available for light use at some times and closed other times. It backs up very easily and can't handle large amounts of toilet paper. Please don't count on this toilet when deciding how many to order for the weekend.
Power/Water Supply: If your potties/showers require water/electricity we can accommodate them near the barn or shop. If you'd like to provide potties anywhere else you will need to supply the power and water.
Day Guests: All guests arriving for the day are $5/head, if you purchased a package that includes the first 150 then you will only be charged for additional guests. Guests who are camping are not considered day guests.
Licensed Bartender: Your licensed bartender can answer all your questions regarding bar service. We require this person/company be onsite no later than 5pm and stay until at least 10pm. Please ask for proof of liquor liability insurance prior to hiring. It takes at least two people behind the bar to serve your guests while also stocking and cleaning. If every single one of your guests will be staying on the property then you won't be required to hire a licensed bartender.
Security Guard: The security guard is to be scheduled from 10pm to 2am.
Alcohol: We allow you to bring all your own alcohol for the weekend, our only limitation is that during the reception a licensed person is in charge of pouring and distributing the drinks until 10pm. We will not permit underage drinking.
Houses: You are welcome to have up to 10 guests in each of the houses and 8 guests in Doc's Quarters.
Catering: Your caterers should be self-sufficient. We will give them a space to work with electric hookups, but they need to bring their own serving equipment, coolers, burners, tables, etc. Please discuss this with your caterer prior to hiring.
Dishes and Dish Washing: We highly recommend that you pay your caterer to provide and wash all dishes and glassware. If not, you need to hire at least 3 people to be in charge of clearing tables, washing dishes, and cleaning up. The venue does not provide any dishes, glasses, cups, silverware, serving utensils, pitchers, or cleaning service.
Refrigerators: Each house has a standard fridge/freezer which is available for you and your guests. In addition, the Ranch House has an all-fridge in the back pantry (20" deep, 25" wide, 55" tall). All other fridge/freezers on the ranch are for venue use only, if you are concerned about space please bring additional coolers, we sell ice.
RVs: RVs need to be self-sufficient and operate without hookups.
Coffee: Don't leave your guests without coffee or they will wander around the ranch like zombies.
Water: Fresh water will be provided in each of the three houses. Two coolers are available at Doc's Bar for your use, you are responsible for refilling and providing cups.
Wi-Fi: Both the Ranch House and the Art House have a strong wi-fi signal, and although the Cabin is equipped with wi-fi it's not as strong. There is also wi-fi provided in the common area.
Cell Service: Although there is no cell coverage on the ranch we do have a micro-cell in the common area which works for Verizon and Sprint customers. AT&T customers need to speak with Tim or Michelle if they would like to access the AT&T micro-cell.
Extension Cords: We do not provide these, please bring your own.
Household Items: All items provided inside the houses are NOT to leave the building and be used around the ranch. If anything gets moved within the house please return it to it's original location.
Dollies: We have two dollies which you are welcome to use.
Ladders: We have an 8' and 15' ladder which you are welcome to use.
Doc's Bar Chalkboard: The chalkboard stays as is and is off limits to guests.
Farm Tables: 15 of our farm tables come with benches and seat up to 120 guests, 4 of our farm tables come with chairs and seat up to 32 guests.
Sunset: A quick google search for Paicines, CA will get you the exact time of sunset during your wedding weekend. Due to the surrounding mountains we suggest you assume sunset will be about 30 minutes earlier.
Hay Bales: We have enough hay bale seat covers to seat up to 144 guests, 72 seat covers at 2ppl per bale.
PA System: We are willing to set up the PA system in multiple locations but you are in charge of running it. There are four different ports so you can plug in a phone/iPod, a guitar, a microphone, and still have one port left over. We have a wireless lapel mic, a hand mic, and a cable mic for backup.
Trash: Trash bags and trash cans are provided.